Three Year Warranty
General Warranty Terms and Conditions
The warranties set out in these General Warranty Terms and Conditions are given by Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 14 093 117 876 (Volkswagen Group Australia) of 24 Muir Road, Chullora, New South Wales 2190.
You may contact us by email on email@example.com or by phone on 1800 607 822.
The benefits to a consumer given by these warranties are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods to which the warranties relate. The consumer's rights under applicable law prevail to the extent of any inconsistency between these General Warranty Terms and Conditions and the law.
Volkswagen Group Australia guarantees that within the relevant warranty periods any part or component of your vehicle that is found to have a defect from manufacture in materials or workmanship will be repaired, replaced or adjusted by any authorised Volkswagen Dealer free of charge.
For authorised Volkswagen Dealers, the replacement of parts under these warranties may at times include the use of new Volkswagen Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Volkswagen factory approved remanufactured parts depending on the type of repair and the availability of the new OEM component. All Volkswagen factory remanufactured parts have the same warranty coverage as the new OEM component.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Any claim under the terms of these warranties should be referred to an authorised Volkswagen Dealer. In order to claim under these warranties, a consumer must, at its own cost, present the vehicle to an authorised Volkswagen Dealer together with the vehicle logbook and collect the vehicle at their expense once notified by the Volkswagen Dealer that the vehicle is ready for collection.
Servicing or repairing your vehicle by third parties that are not authorised Volkswagen Dealers will not void your warranties, but may impact your ability to claim under these warranties to the extent that any problem is associated to the servicing or repairs carried out by the third party repairers.
- The New Vehicle Warranty is for 3 years unlimited kilometres.
- The Paint Warranty is for 3 years unlimited kilometres.
- The Corrosion warranty of the main steel body structure is 12 years unlimited kilometres. Amarok is 6 years unlimited kilometres.
- Warranty for Volkswagen Genuine Parts and Accessories fitted on the vehicle at time of delivery is 3 years unlimited kilometres. Warranty for Volkswagen Genuine Parts and Accessories fitted after delivery of a new Volkswagen vehicle is 2 years unlimited kilometres warranty from the date of fitment.
The above warranties commence from the day of delivery of your new Volkswagen vehicle. It is the responsibility of the Volkswagen Dealer to report the correct delivery date into the Volkswagen Group Australia's systems to start the warranty.
The fact that these warranty periods expire will not prevent you from pursuing any rights you have under the law in relation to problems with your vehicle that occur after the end of the warranty periods.
It is not a requirement of these warranties to be provided with alternative transport.
Where to have Warranty Repairs carried out
When a warranty repair is required, it is the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle (or the owner's agent) to report the defect to an authorised Volkswagen Dealer.
All authorised Volkswagen Dealers are able to carry out warranty repairs on all Volkswagen vehicles. All warranty defects must be reported to an authorised Volkswagen Dealer as soon as possible and within a suitable timeframe.
Paint and Corrosion Warranty defects must be reported to an authorised Volkswagen Dealer as soon as possible and within a reasonable timeframe. These repairs may require the vehicle to be inspected by a representative of Volkswagen Group Australia. Once approval is given after the submission of a defect report by an authorised Volkswagen Dealer, the repair must be commenced within 30 days. If the repair cannot be carried out within this timeframe, approval must be sought by the authorised Volkswagen Dealer from Volkswagen Group Australia.
Any parts that wear out as part of their normal operation (e.g. clutch linings, brake discs and pads, brake linings, wiper blades, globes of all types (excluding Bi Xenon and LED), fuses, trims, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converters, all belts, tyres, spark and glow plugs, shock absorbers, wheel bearings, and ball joints, filters, fuses, dry cell batteries, satellite navigation update discs) and all other parts of your vehicle that have been subject to normal wear and tear.
Any parts that have been affected by any form of motorsport such as racing, track days, hill climbing and rallying or similar activities.
(i) Any modifications or dismantling that have not been approved by Volkswagen Group Australia, and any defect caused by changes to original equipment and the fitment of non-approved parts or accessories. (ii) The changing of ECUs or the upgrading of software within any ECUs in the vehicle relating to any systems. (iii) Non-approved rust treatments and paint or fabric protection and window tinting. (iv) Any alterations that have changed the design or performance from that originally supplied from Volkswagen Group Australia.
Any defects resulting from (i) driver negligence, misuse or abuse, (ii) towing beyond the specified load and capacity, (iii) driving the vehicle after the loss of fluid such as coolant, oil, refrigerants to below the levels required in the Owner's Manual or after warnings systems have advised the driver to stop the vehicle and (iv) driving the vehicle in off road conditions beyond the designed or intended use of the vehicle.
Any defects resulting from an accident, impact, fire or illegal use or malicious or accidental damage to your vehicle (including damage by a third person).
(i) Any defects resulting from the use of inappropriate fuel, oil or lubricants, including the use of the incorrect octane rated fuel. (ii) Any defects resulting from dirt or water in fuel, oil, coolant or other fluids.
Any defects resulting from airborne industrial pollutants including acid rain, industrial fall out, salt, sand, stones, tree sap, bird and animal droppings, windstorm, hail, flood, lighting or other acts of nature.
Failure to maintain and care for your vehicle including the body paint and trim in accordance with Volkswagen Group Australia's recommendations, or improper maintenance including incorrect cleaning agents.
Failure to report warranty defects within a timely manner and have them repaired quickly, including paint and corrosion repairs.
Failure to have your vehicle serviced within the times and recommendations of Volkswagen Group Australia or damage caused to your vehicle by repairers who are not Volkswagen Dealers.
Tyres are covered by the warranty from the individual tyre suppliers. This is claimed from the tyre suppliers by your authorised Volkswagen Dealer. If a tyre is found to be defective within the new vehicle warranty period, it will be assessed on the nature of the defect and the percentage of wear incurred.
What the customer must pay for
The Volkswagen New Vehicle Warranty only applies to "defects from manufacture" and does not cover the costs of routine maintenance of your vehicle. You must pay for:
- Prescribed maintenance and service adjustments to your vehicle and parts or fluids used in connection with these.
- Wheel alignments and wheel balancing and other adjustments relating to normal wear and tear.
- Any parts that wear out as part of their normal operation (e.g. clutch linings, brake discs and pads, brake linings, wiper blades, globes of all types (excluding Bi Xenon and LED), fuses, trims, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converters, all belts, tyres, spark and glow plugs, shock absorbers, wheel bearings, and ball joints, filters, fuses, dry cell batteries, Satellite Navigation update discs and all other parts of your vehicle that have been subject to normal wear and tear).
- Damage to DVD /navigation units caused by misuse or using copied CDs or DVDs.
- Any of the items listed above under "What is not covered by Warranty.
In addition to the standard three year Volkswagen factory warranty, when purchasing your new Volkswagen you now have the ability to purchase an extended warranty for an additional 2 years/unlimited kilometres†. This Extended Warranty is factory backed and also gives you the benefit of a further 2 Years Roadside Assistance.
That means that, once purchased, your car is covered for a period of 5 years/unlimited kilometres and gives you a number of other benefits:
- 100% backed by Volkswagen Australia.
- Volkswagen Roadside Assistance for the duration of the warranty.
- The extended warranty is fully transferable (at no extra cost) if you sell your vehicle during the warranty period, enhancing resale value.
- The extended warranty guarantees only genuine new replacement parts are used during repairs.
†Volkswagen's 2 year unlimited kilometres Extended Warranty is only available for purchase from participating Volkswagen dealers at or before the time of first registration of a new Volkswagen vehicle. It may not be purchased after taking delivery of a vehicle. Private buyers only. For full terms, conditions and exclusions download the Terms and Conditions. ^Pricing available at participating Volkswagen dealers.
Das WeltAuto Warranty is exclusive to our certified used vehicle program.
Key benefits include:
- 12 months unlimited kilometre warranty. Exclusions apply+.
- 100% backed by Volkswagen Australia.
- Volkswagen Roadside Assistance for the duration of the warranty.
- The Das WeltAuto Warranty is fully transferable (at no extra cost) if you sell your vehicle during the warranty period, enhancing resale value.
- The Das WeltAuto Warranty guarantees only genuine new replacement parts are used during repairs.
Please Note: Paint Warranty is only for first three years from new vehicle Warranty start date and is not extended as part of the Das WeltAuto warranty.
+Volkswagen's 12 month's unlimited kilometre Das WeltAuto Warranty is only available for purchase from participating Volkswagen dealers. For full terms, conditions and exclusions download the Terms and Conditions.
• The information and multimedia content contained on this page is an overview intended for awareness purposes only. Visuals, illustrations and multimedia content may show specifiations, accessories and options not available in Australia. Left-hand drive models might also be shown.
All product features, specifiations and options are subject to change without notice. Dimensions, capacities and performance specifiations apply to standard vehicles. Volkswagen Group Australia suggests you always contact your nearest approved Volkswagen Dealer or the Customer Care Centre to confirm specific features and applicable terms and conditions.